le Corbusier

 Akyles D 


during the lecture le Corbusier appeared to be an amazing Architect with a creative use of apace, who maximized the use of natural light and capable of designing entire cities from the ground up and then I took a closer look at the city design. I must say that I did not like the city he designed. the city was very well built with effective road systems that links the entire city without dead ends or redundancies. My understanding leads me to believe that the city will stagnate and die-out. the city is uniform and carefully structured, on a smaller scale this would not be a problem, but for a city of 3 million its insanity (in my opinion) that a city so uniform that any obstruction or change or new construction would negatively affect large chunks of the city, great inconvenience and/or sudden inequality and division. this city looks as if its incapable of growth or change. it is very beautiful and very creative, its large and awe inspiring but I don't think its capable on change due to its complexity and limiting borders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the Guggenheim

i blame you, not sure for what yet but still, You!

i saw baraka